Abser
(Growing ME)
04/09/13 05:43 AM
Does depression cause weight loss?

Well like i told you guys in my other thread about my depression thing,But i just wanna know does it effect our health in this way?I mean 2 years back i was 76kg but now i am 64 i am worried because my weight was appropriate according to my age and height.Diet is same all the activities are same then what can be the reason behind it?

Serenity-vibe
(ME veteran)
04/13/13 04:13 AM
Re: Does depression cause weight loss?

It might be your eating and exercising patterns are changing, and yes, lack of appetite is one of the many symptoms of depression.

Also, There are a wide variety of medical conditions that contribute to weight loss. I have a relative who was overweight all her life but now she is slim because of thyroid issues. Perhaps speak to your family doctor about it.

Monroe333
(Growing ME)
07/18/13 02:39 AM

Yes depression can affect the body weight and cause some unhealthy body weight. Specially it affects the brain health and causes various mental problems.
Eat healthy and nutritious and do proper workout to get rid of the depression.

Ethen
(Growing ME)
07/24/13 12:22 AM

Hi Abser,
Depression can cause weight loss and weight gain both as depression effects your metabolism. To deal with depression workout regularly and have balanced diet meal plan. Share your problems with your pals and family, accept the things you cannot change and remember to laugh. Avoid alcohol, smoking and caffeine and have proper sleep.

TimothyTFendley
(Just Arrived)
09/19/13 11:22 PM

Yes depression causes weight loss.

enjoyPR
(ME Grand High Pooh-Bah)
09/20/13 09:18 AM

Quote:
Avoid alcohol, smoking and caffeine and have proper sleep.

now im depress \:\)

ck melatonin levels ,eat lots of dark choco

paule
(ME journeyman)
09/20/13 06:30 PM

Originally Posted By: Abser
Well like i told you guys in my other thread about my depression thing,But i just wanna know does it effect our health in this way?I mean 2 years back i was 76kg but now i am 64 i am worried because my weight was appropriate according to my age and height.Diet is same all the activities are same then what can be the reason behind it?

what i wonder when i read this is how useful it is for you to 'own' your depression. If it is not useful then maybe you could rename this pattern as 'whatever' and refrain from framing it with 'my, mine' ect...just a thought ;\)

sandraneil
(Just Arrived)
10/29/13 05:51 AM

Depression has huge impact on your body, It cause, weight loss, Hair loss, aging and lots of other thing.

intomatrix
(ME Grand High Pooh-Bah)
10/29/13 06:14 AM

i still smoke and drink. But I've seen depressives work themselves up into a a vibe then drink or smoke.

I think that does the damage, not the drugs per se.

Richard said eat what you want to but check in and ask - paraphrase- 'is this useful or good for me at this time'.

intomatrix
(ME Grand High Pooh-Bah)
10/29/13 02:49 PM

Depression causes weight loss is an interesting thought. Not to dismiss the importance of medicine. Would love to get aphysicians perspective on the following.. Depression is something you do not something in and of itself. Can you do happiness?- Because you have stated you can already do depression- ofcourse you can.

What's your body like when ou do happiness and be a child again?

If you could go back to depression would you? As a choice.

Ricky
(Growing ME)
11/20/13 04:52 AM

We can say that depression effects our body and health and this is true that it reduces our weight. Depression is not good for brain and physical health so it should be avoided.

Ricky
(Growing ME)
11/25/13 05:42 AM

Originally Posted By: Ricky
We can say that depression effects our body and health and this is true that it reduces our weight. Depression is not good for brain and physical health so it should be avoided.

lakecountybootcamps persona trainer

new_ager
(Just Arrived)
09/03/14 04:35 AM

I think in the simplest way, depression can cause weight loss because you lose your appetite to be able to eat, and I have experienced that as well too when I'm depressed, but aside from that, I don't know what are the other factors why we lose weight when we are depressed. I guess a doctor can explain why.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
12/29/14 07:58 PM

the depression I am in has caused weight gain because I dont eat and when I do its a bag of dougnuts I have no hunger at all anytime sometimes it scares me I can go days and forget to eat simply because I am not hungry I am depressed they had told me I was so clinically depressed I wont ever climb out i did with the help of a friend but it didnt last ...hope all works out well for you

SMTmoney
(ME message board member)
12/29/14 11:20 PM

Depression

What is it? What does it do? Why does it do it ?

Depression is the biggest 2 point of your life it affects every aspect or you life you health your mind your body your sole your energy your way of thinking or life or death.

All of it is in your control, once you understand that depression is about change a complete person change.

Why do we get it, to change and to change fast.

The first point is the old you and the second point is the new you.

The longer and harder that you resist the change the harder it will be on you, the faster that you let the changes happen and allow source or the zero point energy to flow through you the faster things will work.

You know notice what you notice is the more people that I have talk to that are on the path to change and do this stuff the more I have fond out that a lot of people go through depression the ones who really wanted to change who they are.

Depression is like the rising of the phoenix burn away the old and bring in the new.

You see depression is your hole being telling you you must change.
I did not fight depression I accept it with open arm and excepted all of the changes I arose from my old self to my new self just like the phoenix did .

Matrix is about change depression is the biggest change in your life use it don't fight it.

One more thing depression is about your ego wanting full control over you if you let it will kill you depression will do that.

good luck to you all.

**DONOTDELETE**
()
12/31/14 04:12 PM

yep depression will kill you it also is genetic isnt it my mother suffered from it majorally so it killed her when her dogs died at 63 ill read more later thx